Friday, November 28, 2008

Jon Burgerman - the Coolest Gift Wrapping Ever!!!


At my job, AreaKids - a boutique children's store, we started carrying a small collection of Jon Burgerman gift wrapping paper. I was so psyched when I saw them for the first time. Unlike your traditional, flowery or plain wrapping, the British artist and illustrator penned these fun, colourful, graffiti-like images filled with incredibly quirky, goofy, cute characters.

Though childlike, they can certainly appeal to adults as well.
As an adult myself - I only claim this on rare occassions - I absolutely adore his work. He also creates these designs for clothing and accessories, as well as on canvas to use as creative wall art, and many other cool merchandise. He also just created a superb line of figurines for KidRobot - another favourite of mine - entitled, 'Heroes of Burgetown'.For more insight on his work, check out his website, www.jonburgerman.com, or his book, Pens Are My Friends, www.jonburgerman.com/book. I am certain you'd love his work as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment