Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year, New Opportunities, New Direction!

It has been just over a year since I've written on my blog or paid any real focus to developing LilyNotes Studio. I purchased new papers and tools, but nothing serious to mention. I've spent the past year doing just the thing I swore against doing, working to help others and not in a good way. Worthless jobs, draining relationships and not a damn thing toward my own growth. The year ended with me letting go of someone who was a major facet of my life for the past six years. Although painful, it reminded me that I need to refocus on making me happy. That's my New Year's resolution - make Afeisha happy! I've also reminded myself that I need to fully commit to building my business. A slow process, but so far I've been doing pretty okay.
My first step toward doing so...I accepted an internship with a fabulous event coordinator, Renita. Owner of Fabulous Weddings Shoestring Budgets, she has a lot of great ideas. Her personal style and sophistication lends handsomely to the weddings she designs. I'm really excited to work with her, because for once I'll be doing precisely what I want to do. I'm getting to experience first hand, what goes on behind the scenes in putting together beautiful, memorable weddings and other events and how to be successful in the industry. I'm also thrilled because I'm going to get to work with brides again and design gorgeous wedding invitations and develop a portfolio for LilyNotes Studio.
I may not have everything I want or have things the way I imagined they would, but for now, I'm practicing what I preach - be patient!
Cheers to a wonderful and successful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment