Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gown of a Feather...


Using feathers as embellishments has been a relentless trend that dates back centuries. Unlike leather and fur, feathers are used as either overwhelmingly flamboyant or stylishly subtle touches of opulence, without the nude campaigns. I can honestly say that I have never been a fan of feather - much too tacky in my opinion. Though I love the gorgeous shape and colour palette of the ever famous peacock feather, I have always considered feathers as a sure way to make anything look cheap. However, lately my opinion has been constantly challenged by designers like Carolina Herrera and Etsy shop designer, Erin of Coco Boudoir. But the ultimate arm twister is Monique Lhuillier with this positively divine twist on a wedding gown. This ivory coloured, feathered frock is simply stunning in every way possible. Might I add, it is in no way tacky. It takes nothing short of a genious crazy to sculpt this gown. The simple A-line structure exudes subtle oppulence in the best way. I was completely blown away when I first saw the picture of the dress. I love how the feathers fan at the bust to create a soft neckline. The added detail of the embellished belly band and simple veil was just enough to polish off this unexpectedly, elegant look. I'm officially won over.

No comments:

Post a Comment