Monday, September 19, 2011

Pretty Pinks and Fat Bows

I had a big small rush order this week - small quantity, lots of work to do - and at the end of it all I was more than absolutely pleased.



My beautiful, November bride to be was looking for an invitation that was indicative of her wedding theme that is based off of Shakespeare's, A Midsummer Night's Dream. She wanted something very whimsical and delicate, yet elegant and sexy - yes, she said sexy.

That said, I created this gorgeous invitation :::pats one's self on the back::: incorporating all her wants and must haves and I think it came out absolutely amazing. I chose to use no graphics and simply a pretty font resembling hand calligraphy of the olden days. Since I didn't use any illustrations on this design, I decided to play with mixing the various textures of the papers used, from the 'sexy' dark pink, crinkled lokta paper belly band to the stylish, coral pink pearlescent card stock. The final touch was added by using an iridescent, wrinkled silk bow to tie up {no pun intended} the organic feel of the invitation.

All in all, my pinks and bows obsessed bride was more than elated by the final product and was absolutely thrilled with the complimentary calligraphy work on the envelopes by Curlicue Designs.

For more pics and other custom designs, checkout my LNS Bespoke photo album on Facebook. {click here}.

No comments:

Post a Comment